Apply as a '(Senior) Linux System Engineer Big Data (m/w/d)' at *um
We are looking for reinforcement for our extraordinary team at "The unbelievable Machine Company". We are an independent full-service provider of big data and cloud solutions. We are pioneers in holistic consultancy, planning, and realization in digitalization projects fit for the 21st century, covering a full spectrum of services – from the idea to the cable.
We’re different, cheeky, creative, and bold. Professional but not restrictive. We’re genuine and passionate about what we do. If you share our values and have that "certain something", apply now at *um!
- Support and further development of our customer environments
- Administration and operation of high-performance websites and big data environments in the team and with the customer
- Maintenance of our cloud environments (public, private and hybrid cloud)
- You have already gained experience in the IT service sector (provider, system house or internet agency)
- You have experience with virtualization & container technology (Xen, VMware, KVM or Docker)
- You have already worked with public cloud services such as AWS or Azure
- You are keen on high-availability / high-performance Linux environments
- Without automation and config management (Puppet, Ansible, etc.) nothing works for you
- First experiences with Big Data technologies like Hadoop would be nice to have
- You have basic knowledge in network administration (switches, routers, firewall and load balancers)
- Knowledge in the area of backup/storage (NFS and CIFS) would be ideal
- Competent colleagues with a lot of experience and great expertise in web technologies, Big Data and cloud services
- Cool projects with well-known, national and international customers
- Steep learning curve through involvement in various projects and further opportunities for professional development
- Flat hierarchies, a "Duz"-culture and clear, direct communication
- Plenty of creative freedom and the opportunity to contribute ideas
- Flexible working hours, extraordinary team events and some surprises
- You can find more information on our career page
Start giving your career a new boost today by clicking the "Apply Now" button. You can then submit your application documents quickly and easily via our applicant management system.
We look forward to getting to know you!